[Rt-devel] RT 3.4.HEAD bug in ticket display?

Rolf Grossmann rg at progtech.net
Tue Jun 7 09:11:32 EDT 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 12:38:00PM -0400, Todd Chapman wrote:
>

>>The ShowSummary component uses this code to determine if
>>custom fields need to be shown:
>>
>>if ($Ticket->QueueObj->TicketCustomFields->First) {
>>
>>The problem seems to be that TicketCustomFields does
>>a check on right SeeQueue, so even if you have the
>>right to SeeTicket and SeeCustomField, you can't see
>>the custom fields for this ticket.
>>

>You can't see a queue's custom fields if you can't see the queue? That
>sounds right, to me.

I believe what Todd is argueing is that those custom fields belong to
the ticket rather than the queue. After all there is a different value
for every ticket. So I'd agree that if you can see the ticket and can
see the field it should be displayed. After all, the changes for the
field are listed in the history, so you know the value anyway.

I haven't looked at the code, though, so I won't argue how to fix it.

Rolf