[Rt-devel] A new design question

Lucas F. Rosada lucas at dextra.com.br
Mon Mar 21 13:28:44 EST 2005

    What is the possibility and the impact of developing a new kind of
customization system to RT, where each queue or other bigger unit is a
directory and, inside each directory, we have sub-directories for custom
fields, scripts, templates, etc.
    Doing the thing in this way the database will be really a data
repository and the code will be only into the files.

Follow an example direcotry structure:

+ Customizations
 + Queues
  - DelegatedRights.cfg
  + Scrips
   - scrip1.scp
   - scrip2.scp ...
  + Templates
   - template1.tmpl
   - template2.tmpl ...
  + Custom Fields
   - CF1.cf
   - CF2.cf
 + Global
  - DelegatedRights.cfg
  + Scrips
   - scrip1.scp
   - scrip2.scp ...
  + Templates
   - template1.tmpl
   - template2.tmpl ...
  + Custom Fields
   - CF1.cf
   - CF2.cf
  + Users
   - user1.usr
   - user2.usr
   - user3.usr
  + Groups
   - group1.grp
   - group2.grp

This is a little idea. I felt the dificult of transport the code (local
directory) and the scrips, etc from the development server to the
production server, where I had to dump the database without touching the
tickets and other vital data of the customer. Maybe leaving the code in
the files, inside the RT directory structure, would be a nice start.

Does anyone have an idea of the impact or how to refine this scructure?

Yours truly,

--
Lucas F. Rosada
lucas at dextra.com.br

Dextra Sistemas
+55 (19) 3256 6722
http://www.dextra.com.br

PS.: If you don't understand my english don't matter, I'm not fluent and I can try explaining again. ;-)