[Rt-devel] A new design question

Lucas F. Rosada lucas at dextra.com.br
Tue Mar 22 12:06:45 EST 2005

Todd,

    I'm not criticizing RT structure, quite to the contrary, it was the
best on which I developed! But I think that the model of code into the
database, although to be practical when developing scrips, templates,
etc into the web interface, it is more usual develop code inside an IDE
or any other editor.
    A second problem consist in the maintenance of the quoted resources
(scripts, etc): for each code that lives into the database you want to
change, you have to wait the webserver response and, when the page
arrives, there isn't any practicity to alter the code.
    Another benefit to us, developers: we could keep our customizations
fully into a CVS repository!

    RT is an success system for its users but, on the other hand, there
is few confort to the developer to extend it and give continuity to the
project.

    The RT idealizers may think: "Oh, God! This guy is trying to change
the way RT do the thinks!", but, because it's an free software and it is
always in develpment and perfectioning state, threat these thread as one
informal conversation about software structure and how could apply these
techniches and improvements to RT, making it each time better!

Regards,

--
Lucas F. Rosada
lucas at dextra.com.br