[Rt-devel] Re: RT3.4.2 on FreeBSD

Angelo Turetta aturetta+rt at bestunion.it
Sat May 14 10:50:19 EDT 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> [I've removed rt-users from the CC list]
>

>>I had some more time to experiment, and I can confirm that 3.4.2 has
>>some serious regression on FreeBSD/Apache2/mod_perl2(2.0rc3)/PostgreSql
>>compared to 3.4.1, and DBD:Pg doesn't change much the result (in fact,
>>with 1.32 some of the symptoms are somewhat attenuated, but the system
>>is still unusable)
>

> Can you try with mod_perl 1, FastCGI or standalone_httpd? I'd like to
> try to nail down which component is causing the issue. mod_perl2 is so
> incredibly not ready for prime-time. (Especially given the major
> incompatible changes in the last release candidate)
>
> Jesse

FastGCI with Apache2 works perfectly. I may test standalone as an
academic exercise, but I won't promise...

Now it's just a matter of making it work with the newest rc >3 :-)

Seriously, I think it's just a waste to try and debug the current code
on mod_perl2rc3. Much better to spend the time adapting RT to the new
API in rc4 and subsequent. Just put somewhere a disclaimer saying that
3.4.2 is not working with mod_perl2.

Angelo.