[Rt-devel] RT 3.5.5 web UI is sooooo sweet!

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Thu Oct 20 14:17:30 EDT 2005

Hello!

I'm finally getting the chance to sink my teeth into RT 3.5.5 (after a
couple of days battling with our non-standard "standard" install of Perl
5.8.6, Apache2, and mod_perl2 -- ugh!) and I wanted to thank you for the
amazing UI revisions.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm curious about the triangular indicator element of the top bars,
though. The way it is currently structured, it points down, leading one
to believe it's indicating a particular item in the next bar. I wonder
if it wouldn't serve better for it to point up at the item above (from
which the next bar down is a sub-bar) and be colored the same as the
sub-bar, causing it to seem to expand from that point.

Terribly hard to describe, so I've attached images,
rt_top_bar.current.jpg and rt_top_bar.proposed.jpg

Cheers!

--j
--
Jim Meyer, Geek at Large                                    purp at acm.org