[Rt-devel] Stealing requests on the command-line

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Mon Apr 10 17:15:29 EDT 2006

Hello!

On 4/10/06, Ruslan Zakirov <ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/10/06, Jim Meyer <purp at acm.org> wrote:
> > I asked a while back and I'll ask again: any particular reason not to
> > add an "AssignTicket" right and have the code check it?
>
> There is allready GiveTicket and TakeTicket rights, I think we could
> allow this operatio if user has both rights.

Seems my earlier email agreeing with you and offering three patches to
implement that didn't get through to the list; lucky for me, though,
as Stephen Turner pointed out that GiveTicket doesn't actually exist.
=]

So I'll propose that we create a GiveTicket right and implement as
Ruslan suggests (and as my patches describe, once they arrive ;).

Cheers!

--j
--
Jim Meyer, Geek at Large                                    purp at acm.org