[Rt-devel] Bug in Ticket History

Speicher, Joshua (TekSecure Labs) JSpeicher at teksecurelabs.com
Fri Aug 18 15:05:39 EDT 2006

I have been struggling to narrow down and fix a bug we have in our
Ticket Histories.  Every once in a while the function $self->OldValue
will return a random value when in fact it should be NULL.  I have no
idea why it does this, but it seems if it fails once, the rest of the
CustomField elements that have been "Added" will show that they changed
from the random value to the current "NewValue".  Also it has been
reported to me that random $self->NewValue will happen as well,
resulting in corrupt History data.  Any known bugs associated with
CustomFields and the ticket history display?  So far I've narrowed the
issue down to Transaction_Overlay.pm and $self->OldValue and/or
$self->NewValue.

We are using:

Apache2

Mod_Perl2.2

RT 3.4.5

Joshua Speicher
Web Developer
TekSecure Labs (sm)
(a division of Tekmark Global Solutions)

This message is for the designated recipient only and it, as well as any attachments, may contain privileged, proprietary or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy or distribute it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete the original at once. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited. Thank you.