[Rt-devel] Should groups have email addresses?

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Thu Feb 16 19:42:07 EST 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 10:04:18AM -0800, Jim Meyer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm struggling a bit with something common for our shop: people like to
> copy mailing lists on their tickets. I don't really want that to create
> a user account if that group is already identified in RT; I'd much
> rather associate the email address to that group and have RT add the
> group as a watcher.
>
> Has this been considered and discarded before?
>
> Thanks!

Jim,

This is somewhat related. I have RT customized so that groups
can have an associated e-mail address, and when e-mail is
sent to one of those groups, the group e-mail is used instead
of the individual e-mail addresses of the members.

The way I have it set up, I *think* it would add the group
as a watcher, but I'm not sure...

-Todd