[Rt-devel] Concurrency problem

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Wed Jan 4 16:10:11 EST 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 02:51:30PM -0500, Michael.ki wrote:
> This is running on a standard LAMP stack, but I don't think the issue is
> related to mysql specifically.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this issue?

I used to see this, too.  And while you're in some sense right in
that it's not specifically due to MySQL, it's sort of due to the
MySQL-based design: since there never was any way of enforcing
transactional integrity in the back end, there couldn't really have
been a way to avoid this race condition.  That said, I think later
releases have somewhat improved on the matter (certainly it doesn't
happen to us as often as it used to do).

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
		--Philip Greenspun