[Rt-devel] manual redirect

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 07:16:43 EST 2006

On 1/5/06, Jens Porup <Jens.Porup at strategicdata.com.au> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> What is the idiomatic RT/Mason way to do redirects?
>
> I have a small component I've added to the ShowSummary page, and I want
> to post a form back to that component, and then redirect to the
> ShowSummary page.
>
> (This is to avoid having to put the form on a separate page, which would
> solve the problem, I realise, but that's not what the boss wants.)
1) if you add comp to the "local/html" dir then you couldn't call comp
from "share/html" at least I don't know way.
2) RT uses $m directly, but don't use redirect.
3) do you really need real redirect?
4) Masone $m object has two useful calls $m->comp(...) and
$m->scomp(...) (like sprintf).
<&...&> markup is equivalent of the first one method. So if you want
to show output of the component in another component then you just put
one of this calls into second component.

> Thanks,
>
> Jens

Best regards, Ruslan.