[Rt-devel] Re: RT 3.4.5RC2

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Tue Jan 10 12:49:37 EST 2006

George Barnett wrote:

>Repost:  Didn't seem to show up first time round.
>
>Hello,
>
>Can this be considered stable?   I'm looking to upgrade from 3.2.2 and I
>dont wish to be bitten by the bug where the 'people users dropdown'
>takes ages to draw.

I think it's not a good idea to upgrade a production system without
(vigorous) testing.
Especially, when it's more than a sub-minor release and involves
schema-changes.

Can't you dump the DB and install a copy of the system in a VMware?

I run 3.4.2+one or two patches from Bestpractical and I really hesitate
to fiddle with it, now that it's in production.

I "feed" it via fetchmail, so I can run test also for a test-queue only,
with "real" email.

>My permissions model works well, so it's not that, and this version
>seems to be far better than 3.4.4.

I think every newer RT release is far better than the previous one.
;-)

cheers,
Rainer