[Rt-devel] Re: RT 3.4.5RC2

George Barnett george at alink.co.za
Tue Jan 10 13:04:16 EST 2006

Rainer Duffner wrote:

> I think it's not a good idea to upgrade a production system without
> (vigorous) testing.
> Especially, when it's more than a sub-minor release and involves
> schema-changes.
>
> Can't you dump the DB and install a copy of the system in a VMware?
>
> I run 3.4.2+one or two patches from Bestpractical and I really hesitate
> to fiddle with it, now that it's in production.
>
> I "feed" it via fetchmail, so I can run test also for a test-queue only,
> with "real" email.

I do have a test setup and 3.4.5RC2 works well with my dataset (I have
tested it with an hourly snapshot of the db).  I'm more concerned about
when the RC will become release, as I want to leave it once it's in.

> I think every newer RT release is far better than the previous one.
> ;-)

I'm not convinced.  In 3.2.2 it takes 12 seconds to draw the 'people'
dropdown on our system (several million tickets).  Under 3.4.4 it takes
1m48s.  Moving to .5RC2 it is almost instant.

I'm just trying to find out when .5 will be release.

--
George Barnett
Reality Engineer

m: (+44) 797 457 1868