[Rt-devel] priority escalation details

Kevin Murphy murphy at genome.chop.edu
Tue Jan 17 13:09:17 EST 2006

Hi,

Priority escalation doesn't work the way my users and I expect.  It
would seem more natural for the priority to change gradually over time
in proportion to the amount of time passed.  While the current algorithm
is fine for tickets with fast turn-around, it is useless for long-term
tickets, such as would be used to track software development or other
project management tasks.  The current algorithm unnecessarily limits
RT, whereas linear priority escalation would work fine for many
different applications.

What changes to RT would be needed to allow time-linear priority
escalation?  Another ticket property (escalation_days_per_point or
something) that would be implicitly updated whenever the due date or
final priority is changed?

Thanks,
Kevin Murphy