[Rt-devel] Problem: "Could not load a valid user"

Joby Walker joby at u.washington.edu
Fri Jan 20 15:40:25 EST 2006

We just had that problem too.  The error originated because this line in
RT/Interface/Email.pm (line 567):

    push @RT::MailPlugins, "Auth::MailFrom" unless @RT::MailPlugins;

We did't define the array in the config file so @RT::MailPlugins should
always evaluate to false (and thus use Auth::MailFrom), but somehow one
(or maybe two) of our fastcgi processes started evaluating it as true
with a blank value for the first index.  This means that a valid
MailPlugin isn't loaded so RT cannot generate a valid user.

We solved this by adding a line to our config file:

@MailPlugins = qw(Auth::MailFrom);

Haven't seen the problem since.

Joby Walker
ITI SSG, C&C, University of Washington