[Rt-devel] Problem: "Could not load a valid user"

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Fri Jan 20 15:17:30 EST 2006

Our RT 3.4.4 system gets a lot of mail from an
address that is associated with a priveleged user.
Every once in a while I'lll get an error with the
following message:

  RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does not allow
  for the creation of a new user for this email (Security at mycomp.com).

  You might need to grant 'Everyone' the right 'CreateTicket' for the
  queue Request.

This user most certainly has this right. This user creates
tickets all day long.

Has anyone else seen this intermittent problem?
Suggestions on tracking it down? Maybe modify RT
to send me a stack trace when this happens?

Thanks.

-Todd