[Rt-devel] RT Speed

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Tue Mar 7 12:42:40 EST 2006

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 09:59:55AM -0500, Michael.ki wrote:
> Will upgrading to the latest release (however painful) have a dramatic
> improvement to the performance?  Can anyone who has worked on the code

I can't exactly comment, because part of our upgrade entailed moving
off MySQL and onto PostgreSQL.  But our results were _dramatically_
slower on 3.x than on 2.x.  We had a lot of work to do just to get it
working acceptably.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
		--Dennis Ritchie