[Rt-devel] Migrating RT 3.4 from MySQL to Oracle

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Aug 7 20:11:39 EDT 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 4:57 PM, Jeff Albert wrote:

> Hello all,
> Owing to performance issues with RT on MySQL, we're looking at
> moving to RT on Oracle; unfortunately, the documentation on this
> migration process on the wiki is somewhat lacking (http://
> wiki.bestpractical.com/view/MySQLToOracle). Have folks here
> performed this migration with success? How did you go about it?

[I know this isn't exactly an answer to your question]

Are these all performance issues you've raised on the mailing lists?
We've seen RT on MySQL scale to well over 10,000 tickets/day.  But
you're definitely going to have to tune and index. (Of course, you
might be able to push that to a DBA team if you're switching to
Oracle ;)

-jesse