[Rt-devel] output on stderr and not using return values

Camenzind Patrick (KSDB 533) patrick.camenzind at credit-suisse.com
Fri Dec 21 11:47:10 EST 2007

I just started using the RT(v3.6.3) command line interface for scripting
purposes and was wondering why it doesn't make use of return values at
all, means wether a command was successfully done or not can only be
recognized by comparing the output strings on /dev/stderr as it always
returns zero as returnvalue... this leads me directly to my second
question: why not using /dev/stdout for outputs instead? It took me
about one day to figure out why my string comparison didn't work :-(

any ideas?

Regards

Patrick