[Rt-devel] Front-End user: create dependant ticket.

Jonathan Scher js at oxado.com
Fri Feb 2 04:09:22 EST 2007

Hello,

I need to add a small feature to RT 3.6.3
When an agent reads a ticket, i'd like him to be able to create a link
(dependant) ticket with only two clicks.
Then, when he reads a ticket, he should have a button "create dependant
ticket" that can open a creation form (for a chosen new queue), with
some default values extracted from the original one. When the second
ticket is created, RT should create the dependancy automatically.
How can I do that in a clean way?
I wanted to hack Mason's template Ticket/Element/Tabs to add my small
form, but as I don't know yet anything about Mason, so I'm kind of lost.
Then, I tought about getting that value on page
Ticket/Create.html?Queue=X&body=XXX&subject=XXXX&....

Is this the best solution? Where can I exactly add my HTML lines to have
my form?
Do you this this could be intrestring for you, so I could send you a
small patch?

Thanks

Jonathan S.