[Rt-devel] LargeAttachments ...

Robert G. Werner rwerner at usscript.com
Wed Mar 21 20:28:24 EDT 2007

Does anyone have any way to make RT fail noisily when someone attaches
a file that is too large to a ticket?

I'm running RT 3.6.3 with MySQL as the back end.  I've set my
max_packet size to be 2MB (a reasonable size IMO).  I also set
MaxAttachmentSize to be 2097152

I would like my users (whether they are using the web interface or
email) to get notified that their attachment will not be part of the
ticket they are creating.

If I need to create an overlay to trap this condition,  Any
suggestions as to where to start?  I took a look at
Attachmet_Overlay.pm but I don't see any easy way to get an error back
  out to the user.
--
Robert G. Werner (Network Systems Administrator)
rwerner at usscript.com

559.244.3734

You know you're a little fat if you have stretch marks on your car.
		-- Cyrus, Chicago Reader 1/22/82