[Rt-devel] Custom fields: types and widgets.

Jan Grant jan.grant at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Jan 18 04:24:12 EST 2008

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Todd Chapman wrote:

> What you want is very doable in RT.

That's great. How do I do it? That is, how do I register these custom
types? Where do I put the html for the widgets? Is it possible to hook
into TicketSQL parsing? If so, how?

That is, "pointers requested".

Thanks in advance,
jan

> On 1/17/08, Jan Grant <jan.grant at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > I have a bunch of custom fields. Those fields have particular types
> > (dates, fixed-format text, multivalued, etc).
> >
> > What I'm interested in doing is having custom widgets for particular
> > fields: both for ticket display and value entry. In the latter case I'm
> > thinking about AJAX-enhanced fields that can go off and do
> > autocompletion, or potentially fill in an additional set of fields once
> > they have vales, and so on.
> >
> > The consequence of this is that I'm interested in marking particular
> > custom fields as requiring particular widgets for (a) display, (b) data
> > entry, and (c) data entry in the query interface.
> >
> > Is this currently easily doable? Would the extension to RT to permit
> > this be straightforward? What I'm really asking is whether RT will let
> > me construct my own UI components for custom attributes - I'm happy to
> > do the behind-the-scenes plumbing to get the AJAX stuff working; I'm
> > just wondering how much RT would help in putting the UI together.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > jan
> >

> > --
> > jan grant, ISYS, University of Bristol. http://www.bris.ac.uk/
> > Tel +44 (0)117 3317661   http://ioctl.org/jan/
> > Strive to live every day as though it was last Wednesday.

jan grant, ISYS, University of Bristol. http://www.bris.ac.uk/
Tel +44 (0)117 3317661   http://ioctl.org/jan/
Theoremhood is positively decidable.
It just takes time at least exponential in the length of the proof.