[Rt-devel] SelfService Display.html, keep in SelfService. 3.8.

Tom Remmers tom at kdhconsulting.net
Wed Jul 30 14:16:13 EDT 2008

Jesse,

In the RT 3.8 distribution, the "#" link in /SelfService/Display.html
takes you directly to /Ticket/Display.html (as an analysis of the source
code confirmed). For me, the issue is that I want to change the source
code so that either a) the /SelfService/Display.html "#" link points to
/SelfService/Display.html, or b) the "#" link is hidden.

The /SelfService/ directory is almost perfect for our requestor users -
but I want to make sure they cannot easily navigate into the /Ticket
tree. The /Ticket/Display.html page has additional options in the menu
on the left: Ticket Search, Tools, Preferences, Approval, etc. that I do
not want the standard requestor user to see. These links add no value to
my requestors and most of them will be confused by the added choices. As
a result more work will be generated by trying to explain these options,
which is the opposite of our goal in deploying RT.

Thinking about this some more, even as a SuperUser, the "#" link offers
minimal value, because it is essentially a link to itself. From a quick
inspection, /Ticket/Elements/ShowHistory is only utilized in
/Ticket/Display.html, /Ticket/History.html, and /Approvals/Display.html
--- hmm, and I can live with the "#" link being hidden in all these
pages.

Best Regards,

Tom Remmers
KDH Consulting