[Rt-devel] SelfService Display.html, keep in SelfService. 3.8.

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 30 14:27:50 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:16:13AM -0700, Tom Remmers wrote:
> Jesse,
>
> In the RT 3.8 distribution, the "#" link in /SelfService/Display.html
> takes you directly to /Ticket/Display.html (as an analysis of the source
> code confirmed).

Do your non-privileged users _get_ to the /Ticket/Display.html page?
Note that testing this as a staff user won't work, as staff users have
the right to see /Ticket/Display.html

> For me, the issue is that I want to change the source
> code so that either a) the /SelfService/Display.html "#" link points to
> /SelfService/Display.html, or b) the "#" link is hidden.

Why? RT has code to automatically get SelfService users to
/SelfService/Display.html?... if they try to visit
/Ticket/Display.html

Keeping that link as /Ticket/Display.html means that all users, no
matter who they are, can share the unique url to the ticket and the
right thing will happen.

> Thinking about this some more, even as a SuperUser, the "#" link offers
> minimal value, because it is essentially a link to itself.

They are a way to share links to particular ticket updates with others.
(Page 'anchors')