[Rt-devel] Need help with RT post upgrade

Panu panu at colorplaza.com
Tue Oct 14 05:13:56 EDT 2008

Janet Houser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Centos 5.2 and upgraded from rt 3.6.5 to 3.8.1.  I had the
> same problem and did get around it by
> changing my sessions to user files instead of the database but this
> method still fails occassionally and sends the
> user back to the login page.  It is very annoying.

Sorry I don't have ideas if you are already using files for sessions,
the database change just updates the database to be able to handle
session data (among other things). Maybe there's some other change the
schema upgrade takes care of?

> When I upgraded, I successfully ran the command:
>
> /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password
> --action upgrade
>
> mysql db is version 5 (both prior and post upgrade) and didn't have to
> be upgraded using:
>
>     perl etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl db user pass > sql.queries
>
> Do you happen to know how to fix this problem the "proper" way?

Answer below:

>> This should be done even if you already have mysql 5 or 4.1 installed.
>> Better name for the file should be "mysql_schema_upgrade_for_3.8.1" IMO.

If you upgrade from version below 3.8 and use Mysql you have to use the
method describe above.

The schema script has some bugs so make sure you check the things it
suggests changing (and better yet try to understand what they mean,
luckily I got help pointing the errors for me probably saving some time
and frustration)