[Rt-devel] Belated 3.8.1 upgrade feedback

Wed Sep 3 09:55:21 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 23:43, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> That's good to hear.  Part of the trick is that RT uses autoconf, the
> venerated build system for "software packages" but RT extensions are just
> that -- extensions and use simple Makefile.PLs to leverage CPAN
> infrastructure.
>
> It'd probably be doable, but I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort.

Well, it makes upgrades a tad smoother & faster, but a large-ish effort
it probably not worth it.

> Want to try your hand at some proposed language?

See attached patch. Some minor formatting (trailing whitespaces,
improper use of tabs, correct distances between sections &
section heading cleanup) fixes are included as well. Use Vim's
:set list to view the patch & what actually changed.

Richard