[Rt-devel] Belated 3.8.1 upgrade feedback

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Sep 1 17:43:55 EDT 2008

On Sep 1, 2008, at 10:16 AM, Richard Hartmann wrote:

> It works, I love you all :)
>
> One question, though: RTFM is able to automagically find my RT install
> dir while I need to tell RT's configure the correct prefix. As the
> install system is, from the outsider's view, quite different, I am not
> sure how complicated it would be to have RT do the same as RTFM, but
> that is, literally, the only gripe I had.

That's good to hear.  Part of the trick is that RT uses autoconf, the
venerated build system for "software packages" but RT extensions are
just that -- extensions and use simple Makefile.PLs to leverage CPAN
infrastructure.

It'd probably be doable, but I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort.

> Other than that, it is
> perfect; thanks to all involved!
>

> Richard
>

> PS: The docs should perhaps instruct users to shut Apache down, rm -rf
> the Mason cache and then restart. I had a co-worker who clicked
> refresh
> the second I cleared the cache and he was quite worried that our RT
> was
> broken due to file system errors for Mason (and yes, my install
> process
> was secure, although the system I actually upgraded was live)

Want to try your hand at some proposed language?

Thanks!
Jesse