[Rt-devel] Writing a GUI on top of RT

Alexander Finger af at genevainformation.ch
Mon Apr 27 10:42:15 EDT 2009

Hi,
we did some work on the UI (which unfortunately did not go the way I wanted
it to be ... but anyways); RT has a RESTful interface which makes it
relatively easy to integrate with whatever GUI you chose to design. Thinking
about it - even an Adobe-AIR-based Desktop client should be doable quickly
(wow, RT on the Desktop..). I've done a stub for OpenNMS and that was really
easy.

IMHO, with Ajax or AIR and REST you can quickly come up with a slicker user
experience. I have no experience with the Selfservice interface so far but
might be I find an hour tonight to install RT again and look at it.

best
Alex