[Rt-devel] Making the NotifyActor config option a user preference.

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Wed Dec 2 14:52:20 EST 2009

I tried adding the following code to my RT_SiteConfig.pm to see if I can
make the NotifyActor config option a user preference:

package RT::Config;
{ $META{'NotifyActor'} = {
        Section         => 'Mail',                                     #loc
        Overridable     => 1,
        Widget          => '/Widgets/Form/Boolean',
        WidgetArguments => {
            Description => 'Receive own posts', # loc
            Hints       => "Toggles whether you want to receive copies of your own messages" #loc
        }
    };
}

This did successfully add the option to the "Mail" preference box, but
it does not seem to have an effect when RT sends email.  Is there
something wrong with this?

Also, while trying to figure out what was wrong, I think I found a small
bug, but fixing it did not seem to help.  See attached patch.

~Jason

|  Jason A. Smith                          Email:  smithj4 at bnl.gov |
|  Atlas Computing Facility, Bldg. 510M    Phone: +1-631-344-4226  |
|  Brookhaven National Lab, P.O. Box 5000  Fax:   +1-631-344-7616  |
|  Upton, NY 11973-5000,  U.S.A.                                   |