[Rt-devel] Ingres port of RT

Keith Bolam Keith.Bolam at ingres.com
Wed Dec 16 12:19:49 EST 2009

Hello,
I have completed a port of RT to run on the Ingres database - all
appears to be going well and I would like to submit an integration plan
to the list for approval and submission into the main code line to make
Ingres a supported database.

I have done the port as we have a customer (via an ISV) that required
the RT to be supported on Ingres before they would go ahead with using
Ingres as a database for a new project - like a qualifier stage.

Wit the changes made to various files including the creation of a new
SerachBuilder/Handle/Ingres.pm driver I would now like to make this
available to the Perl and RT community.  There are also changes to be
made to the DBD::Ingres driver for Perl with the addition of the
last_insert_id() function.

As I am new to both RT and Perl and Open Source committing I would like
to engage with a mentor to get all of these changes completed.

I myself have been involved with software development for over twenty
years, primarily in 'C' with a heavy involvement in relational database
application an in the support (ten years and counting) of the Ingres
database.

I look forward to comments and advice.

regards
Keith Bolam

Keith Bolam

Project Manager

Ingres Europe Limited

keith.bolam at ingres.com <mailto:keith.bolam at ingres.com>

PHONE  +44 01753 559514

MOBILE +44 0750 146 7004

www.ingres.com <http://www.ingres.com/>

<http://info.ingres.com/G/?J7ERA4PXVY=CLICKSRC:REDUCE%20YOUR%20TCO>

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
recipient named above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
delete the original transmission and all copies from your system.