[Rt-devel] cli does not remove values from multi-value fields

Seth Galitzer sgsax at ksu.edu
Thu Apr 15 13:01:28 EDT 2010

I brought this up with rt-bugs (ticket #14423) and it was suggested I
bring it up here, too.

Details are in the ticket, but the upshot is the cli does not deal with
multi-value custom fields very well.  If you try to remove a value from
the list, unless it is the first one in the list, it is not removed.
Also, spaces are added to list values when a value fails to be removed.

I also noticed that when I try to add a value to a multi-value field,
spaces are added to the front of the added value, much like in the
erroneous delete I describe in the ticket.

My best guess is that there is a bug somewhere in the vsplit and/or
vpush subs, but I am not quite knowledgeable in perl enough yet to say
for sure.

We use the cli extensively in conjunction with custom fields in our
automated processes, so finding a fix for this is rather important.

I would be happy to help fix this in any way I can.

Thanks.
Seth

--
Seth Galitzer