[Rt-devel] RT 4.0.0rc1 available

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Dec 29 15:19:50 EST 2010

I'm pleased to announce the availability of RT 4.0.0rc1 - the first in a
series of release candidates on the road to RT 4.0.0.

We would be thrilled to hear your experiences installing or upgrading to
this release.  In particular, this release incorporates RTFM into core
RT as the Articles feature.

As always, please review the UPGRADING documentation.

We are aware of some issues on Oracle and an issue with the web based
installer that are being addressed for rc2.

You can download this snapshot from
http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/rt-4.0.0rc1.tar.gz
http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/rt-4.0.0rc1.tar.gz.sig

415f0a1fc40d037cce15498d99618dbce6b4548a  rt-4.0.0rc1.tar.gz
df1bb1e3e3ed17e97002a2496fd6d49d06b3d20a  rt-4.0.0rc1.tar.gz.sig

RT 4.0.0rc1 represents about 3 weeks of development since 3.9.7
and about 40,000 lines of code changes by these authors:

Alex Vandiver, Chia-liang Kao, Christian Loos, Dominic Hargreaves,
Emmanuel Lacour, Jason A. Smith, Jesse Vincent, Kevin Falcone,
Ruslan Zakirov, Shawn M Moore, Thomas Sibley, sunnavy