[Rt-devel] DBIx::SearchBuilder development release for early testing

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Tue Aug 2 16:41:02 EDT 2011

Several features we develop for upcoming RT releases (4.2 and newer)
require changes in DBIx::SearchBuilder module. This is major
component of the system. Best Practical wants to keep new versions
of the module compatible with old RT releases. It's important as
SearchBuilder releases can fix bugs and improve performance for old
RTs as well.

We packaged a development version and would love to see it tested
on 3.8.0 and newer releases. We already know that RT 3.6 is not
functioning properly with it. Download it from the CPAN [1] and
perform the following commands:

    tar -xzvf DBIx-SearchBuilder-1.59_01.tar.gz
    cd DBIx-SearchBuilder-1.59_01
    perl Makefile.PL
    make
    make test
    sudo make install

Stop and start web server for changes to take effect. Test for a while
report back how it goes, don't forget to mention RT version.

[1] http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/R/RU/RUZ/DBIx-SearchBuilder-1.59_01.tar.gz

--
Best regards, Ruslan.