[Rt-devel] Looking for template code: cc/bcc and creator email addresses

Sharon.Belliveau at frb.gov Sharon.Belliveau at frb.gov
Tue Aug 9 16:07:10 EDT 2011

Success! Ruslan provided code in response to my request about modifying a
template to show the email address of one-time Bcc.  Below is code which I
added to our template for admin comments. It's  used for a scrip that
notifies adminCcs on comment. Those here who made this request will be
pleased to see both the ticket adminCcs and the one-time Bccs in their
email messages (rather than be curious/annoyed at the
undisclosed-recipoents in the header)
{ if( my $tacc = $Ticket->AdminCcAddresses ) { "Ticket AdminCcs: ".
$tacc } }
{ if ( my $onetimeBcc = $Transaction->Attachments->First->GetHeader
('RT-Send-Bcc')) { "One-time Bcc: " . $onetimeBcc } }

I also successfully tested the following code for one-time CC for
Correspondence:
{ if ( my $onetimeCc = $Transaction->Attachments->First->GetHeader
('RT-Send-Cc')) { "One-time Bcc: " . $onetimeCc } }

Works in both our production RT3.8.10  instance of RT  and in our
development RT 4.0.1 instance.

Of course, we are encouraging our folks to use the web interface to view
full ticket history, including all comments and correspondence for the
issue.

Thanks so much, Ruslan!

Sharon

Application Design + Development
Research & Statistics
Federal Reserve Board

ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com wrote on 08/05/2011 06:42:56 AM:

> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 10:17 PM,  <Sharon.Belliveau at frb.gov> wrote:
> > Ruslan -
> >
> > It's not  matter of control, it's for transparency those working on
> > tickets.
> >
> > In the case of the one-time cc and bcc, those who are specified as
ticket
> > adminCc's view messages from an email client and would like to see all
> > parties who received that specific comment or  reply/correspond
message. As
> > it is now, the message shows 'undisclosed-recipients' in the bcc field
of
> > the message.  For our purposes, the adminCcs would like to verify and
> > possibly contact any/all recipients. They often read their messages
while
> > from their Blackberries devices which do not have access to RT on our
> > internal servers.  I have the code in the template to show requestor
(s),
> > ticket cc(s), and ticket adminccs (with their name and email addresses)
and