[rt-devel] RT 4.0.12rc1 ready for testing

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 26 13:34:30 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 07:47:16PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> max_allowed_packet variables are in [mysqld] and [mysqldump] sections of my.cnf.
> I've restarted mysqld but the values appear to be persistent, somehow...

Depending on how mysql is started from the init script, you can
sometimes need to put things in safe_mysqld vs mysqld (although
generally I see it the other way around and [mysqld] is the safest
place to put things).

Check other customizations you've made to the [mysqld] section and see
if they're showing up in show variables?

-kevin