[rt-devel] Recording custom data from the QuickCreate Portal

Bart bart at pleh.info
Fri Mar 22 16:12:15 EDT 2013

Ehm, I think your doing scary stuff now... put it back lol, your breaking
things ^_~

What I meant in my earlier mail in users was quite simple, use callbacks:

   - http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/CustomizingWithCallbacks

And then look what Ruslan set in his extension, which essentially is just a
callback but in a more complicated way so that you can have it as an
extension:

   -
   http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-CustomFieldsOnUpdate/lib/RT/Extension/CustomFieldsOnUpdate.pm

Basically, get his callback which adds the CF's to the ticket update page
and add it to your callback which will get loaded for the quick create box.

The only thing I don't know is the name of the callback, but I think you
could look in the code of the file you just created and search for callback
and you'll get some names (I hope).
Otherwise check the wiki page I just linked, it has some info on finding
what callback you need to use.

Hope this helps.

--
Bart