[rt-devel] [rt-announce] Boston Request Tracker training is happening soon!

Talena Gandy training at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 1 07:59:40 EDT 2014

There are still spots left in our Boston training, taking place September 9-10! This training will introduce you to the new features in Request Tracker 4.2 as part of a comprehensive overview of RT. Whether you're an old hand at RT or a recent convert, you'll have a good understanding of all of RT's features and functionality by the end of the session.

The first day starts off with a tour of RT's web interface and continues with a detailed exploration and explanation of RT's functionality, aimed at non-programmer RT administrators. We'll walk through setting up a common helpdesk configuration, from rights management, constructing workflows and notifications, and the basics of Lifecycles.

The second day of training picks up with server-side RT administration and dives into what you need to safely customize and extend RT. We'll cover upgrading and deploying RT, database tuning, advanced Lifecycle configurations, writing tools with RT's API, building an extension, and demonstrate how to extensibly alter the web UI and internal functions.

Your registration fee of $1,495 includes class materials, continental breakfast, and snacks both days. You can register by visiting shop.bestpractical.com or emailing us at Training at bestpractical.com. If you are from an educational institution or want to send more than 3 people, please drop us a note at Training at bestpractical.com as you are eligible for a discount.

Hope to see you there!