[rt-devel] ForwardTicket in RT 4.2.5 and Callbacks

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 17 15:33:47 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 12:03:22PM +0000, Alexander Reintzsch wrote:
> That is really a pity, because I rather want the e-mail-address where the ticket is forwarded to to be hidden from the eyes of normal users.
> I can see the point in the changes using standards but then I face quite some issues.
>
> Either I write my own email forwarding methods or I introduce a new right which allows users to see a transaction in the history or doesn't do so.
> I will check both options. Thanks anyway for you reply.

While I can understand your desires, RT core benefited quite a bit
from this cleanup, as did the majority of normal users.  The original
design and implementation of Forward was poorly designed and at odds
with any other piece of RT's mail infrastructure.

You probably also don't like that we finally log the outgoing
forwarded message in history.

Your best bet is to use the filtering callbacks to hide transactions.

-kevin