[rt-devel] RT 4.2.7: application/octet-stream

Brian McNally bmcnally at uw.edu
Wed Oct 1 18:49:22 EDT 2014

I'm wondering if we can get some additional help with this. I'm not sure
I'll be able to track down the bug in a timely manner.

For my own clarification, my reading of the error indicates that the
path is:

MakeMIMEEntity() -> SetMIMEEntityToUTF8() -> SetMIMEEntityToEncoding()

Where SetMIMEEntityToEncoding() fails saying it got the wrong input
(characters vs. a byte string). So, does that mean that a step was
skipped, where the text should have been converted to a byte string but
wasn't? Or does it mean that it was a bytestring at one time but somehow
got converted back to characters? If it helps at all, I found that if I
used the email interface, and passed my message though mimedefang, I did
not have this problem (text would render as expected in the web interface).

Is there anything I can provide about my environment that might be useful?

Thanks again,

--
Brian McNally