[rt-users] Coockie problems with proxies

Karsten Thygesen karthy at kom.auc.dk
Thu Apr 6 17:52:24 EDT 2000

>>>>> "Tobias" == Tobias Brox <tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com> writes:

Tobias> The easy answer is to hack into a file like
Tobias> lib/rt/ui/web/auth.pm or whatever it was and remove the IP
Tobias> from the cookie.

OK - thanks!

>> * Our local characters (æøå - yes, I hate them too, but they are
>> widely used!)

Tobias> æøå is lovely ... try fighting a bit with cyrrilic ... that's
Tobias> even worse :)

I can imagine that :-)

Tobias> The worst thing is that the subject line gets scrambled and
Tobias> hence broken. There is more people that are fighting with this
Tobias> problem.  There shouldn't be much effort putting in a filter
Tobias> before RT that puts the subject line into an 8-bit mix.  Have
Tobias> anybody done anything like that?

I can live with broken subject lines, but when the content of the
message is unreadable, then I will get a hard time.

Tobias> RT 2.0 will probably be out in June and will fix those
Tobias> problems once and forever... :)

Hmm...Sounds great. Let me get one thing straight. Is rt-1.1 from CVS
the one which will be released as 2.0? (if I will have to hack on
this, I would like to do it on the latest eddition)

>> is often transfered as Quoted Printable, and it works well

Tobias> No, the subject line gets scrambled, RT doesn't fix that.

Tobias> For MIME attachments, take a look at the stripmime
Tobias> contribution.

Yes, but that is not a large problem in our situation...

Best regards
Karsten