[rt-users] /opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate wonky

Sheeri awfief at phoenix.cs.brandeis.edu
Wed Aug 9 14:02:47 EDT 2000

So, I'm having a spot of trouble trying to make a request via the
mail.  The web gateway works fine, and even mails to the correct people
the correct stuff.

My problem is when I try to create a request or try to respond to a
request.  I keep getting "Returned mail: Can't create output: Permission
denied" errors.

"/opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate neu correspond"
  (expanded from: <rt at dsl254-086-228-nyc1.dsl-isp.net>)

550 "/opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate neu correspond"... Can't create
output: Permission
denied

now, rt-mailgate is chmod 777, and it points to suid_wrapper, which is
chmod 4111 as shown below.

---s--x--x    3 rt       root        12800 Jul 26 16:06 suid_wrapper*

Do I need to change the permissions on suid_wrapper?  Or is it something
else?

-Sheeri

By the way, I really like RT.  thanx Jesse!  It's made organizing my life
as well as my freelance work a whole lot easier (I can just put in my
queue called "life" things like, "pay phone bill" and stuff....very
useful).