[rt-users] /opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate wonky

Lawrence Lee llee at mail.ivillage.com
Wed Aug 9 22:09:34 EDT 2000

> I ended up getting an e-mail message that says I don't have permission to
> create users in queues.

Well, the last time I saw a message resembling that, I had to go back to my RT
admin screen, select the queue for which I wanted to send mail to, and check
the box that says "non-users may create requests" or something like that.

> The documentation on the mail gateway is, um, nonexistent.  When I send a
> mail
> to rt, with the body %RT HELP, I get nothing.

The documentation is a bit sparse - I just keep everything on correspond. Can
you send a copy of the aliases file that contains your mail gateway configs?
Are you using sendmail to handle your mail or something else?

Based on the error message, the error 550 seems to indicate that the mail
gateway may not be properly configured (and therefore the mailer is trying to
deliver to a non-existent account on your server, rather than forward it off
to the mail queue).