[rt-users] /opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate wonky

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Thu Aug 10 03:41:56 EDT 2000

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Sheeri wrote:

> So, I'm having a spot of trouble trying to make a request via the
> mail.  The web gateway works fine, and even mails to the correct people
> the correct stuff.
>
> My problem is when I try to create a request or try to respond to a
> request.  I keep getting "Returned mail: Can't create output: Permission
> denied" errors.

> "/opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate neu correspond"
   ^--- It seems to me that there is missing a pipe character
so your local mailer tries to write info file /opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate
(instead its invocation). I suggest to look at correctness of your mail
aliases.

>   (expanded from: <rt at dsl254-086-228-nyc1.dsl-isp.net>)

> 550 "/opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate neu correspond"... Can't create
> output: Permission
> denied
>
> now, rt-mailgate is chmod 777, and it points to suid_wrapper, which is
> chmod 4111 as shown below.
>
> ---s--x--x    3 rt       root        12800 Jul 26 16:06 suid_wrapper*
>
> Do I need to change the permissions on suid_wrapper?  Or is it something
> else?
>
> -Sheeri
>
> By the way, I really like RT.  thanx Jesse!  It's made organizing my life
> as well as my freelance work a whole lot easier (I can just put in my
> queue called "life" things like, "pay phone bill" and stuff....very
> useful).

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: (420 19) 7491588
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI404