[rt-users] Autoresponder control

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Fri Jul 14 06:39:46 EDT 2000

> 	I could easily write up some safety stuff in procmail (which is
> 	called before stripmime and rt anyway, in our configuration),
> 	but there doesn't seem to be a way to have RT spit the ticket
> 	number back out to procmail.  Is it possible to create a ticket
> 	submission address that doesn't respond, and still have one
> 	that does, in case of suspected loops?
>
> 	Also -- Jesse, Tobias, you guys need some good logic for the
> 	RT2 autoresponder code?

IMO best idea is to do like vacation is doing - limit the system so it
only sends one autorespond of a given template to a given email at a given
week.  This would both stop loops and stop annoying the people who
frequently submit tickets.  I've made #TODO-hooks in the code for
this.  Jesse thinks this should wait until post-2.0, but I don't think it
is a much complicated thing to do.

The traditional idea is to prevent autoreply at mails with a header line
matching /^Precedence: (junk|bulk)$/i - that's already implemented both in
RT1 and RT2, but the implementation is a bit better in RT2.

--
Spell checkers are for wimps
(please send feedback on all typos)