[rt-users] Disappearing messages?

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Sat Jul 22 09:32:52 EDT 2000

> That's no good. Most of the time I've seen this it's been sendmail related.

I think I have inserted a hack that makes RT warn or die if it can't send
mail for some reason.  How do you process error messages?  In RT1, one
option is to use Tie::STDERR, you might read the POD or you might put this
line at the top of rtmux.pl:

use Tie::STDERR my at email.com

It might also be an idea to insert some logging right before RT is to send
emails, if it doesn't log when it should, it's RT itself it's something
wrong with.

Be aware that to avoid loops, RT1 blatantly ignore mails from
mailer-deamon and mails which have the line:

or

RT-Loop-Control: your-rt-tag

in the headers.

--