[rt-users] Disappearing messages?

Andrew aos at insync.net
Fri Jul 21 16:08:56 EDT 2000

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Jesse wrote:

> That's no good. Most of the time I've seen this it's been sendmail
> related. What version of sendmail are you running?

8.9.3, with another SMTP server set as smarthost, so all non-local mail is
dropped off on the other server for handling.  Very little is done
locally.

> What are the relevant portions of your config.pm.

I guess you mean the options related to mail handling, which are:

    $mailprog = "/usr/lib/sendmail";
    $mail_options = "-oi -t -ODeliveryMode=b -OErrorMode=m";

> Are you sure that sendmail's runnin in queue mode or is it attempting
> a single delivery and then falling over?

sendmail definitely appears to be running properly.  One thing I failed to
mention in my previous note which you may find even more interesting is
that we sometimes see messages that contain no body, but DO have the
footer.  Here's what a recent one looks like: