[rt-users] Disappearing messages?

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Sat Jul 22 18:30:37 EDT 2000

> I think the "right" thing for RT2 to do long term is that if there's
> mail that it's 'afraid' to handle, it should send it to rt-owner at site
> (configurable, of course) which should be explicitly set to a human....

The right thing is to log it as an alarm message, and the right
thing of the local RT administrator is to configure RT to log such errors
to mail (or eventually even a beeper).  The right thing is also to record
the transaction, but avoid sending mail about it.  That's how RT2 works
today, and I think it's good enough.

Well, I must admit that I've done at least one dirty hack to get this
working, but if we're to find some better way to do it, we should discuss
it privately or at the rt-devel list.  I think the logic itself is as
perfect as it can be.

--
Spell checkers are for wimps
(please send feedback on all typos)