[rt-users] Problems with MIME-encodings in the Subject

Christian Schwarz chris at schwarz-online.com
Thu Jul 27 09:34:08 EDT 2000

Hi!

We're using request tracker for one week now and we're really happy with
this great tool!  Thanks to all who work on this project!  (It's sad to
hear that the development will probably be split up...)

One problem we currently have: If the Subject: line of an email targetted
to RT contains non-standard characters (German umlauts in our case), these
lines are encoded by the email client of the sender and with that RT
doesn't recognize the email as reply to an existing request and opens a
new request.  The second problem is that such requests are displayed with
an unreadable subject in the queue list, for example

Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_=5Bff-muenchen=2Ede_#25=5D_=28admindb=29_Feh?=
               =?iso-8859-1?Q?ler_beim_Ausf=FChren_des_CGI-Scripts!!!?=

Does someone have a patch or know a work-around to make RT handle MIME
encoded Subject-lines correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz