[rt-users] Installation Problems:

Peter Losher Peter.Losher at nominum.com
Thu Jun 29 19:49:14 EDT 2000

First off the details:
----------------------

Running RT v1.0.3 on a FreeBSD v3.5-STABLE system.
Apache+SSL+Kerberos httpd.
Perl v5.003 + all the RT required modules.
MySQL on a remote server.

rt user and group created

The problem:
------------

I am having a problem where:

a) When I load up webrt.cgi, or admin-webrt.cgi; it automatically logs me
in and says in the footer message:

"You are currently authenticated as ."

Modifying the account doesn't work, the username field is uneditable and
is blank.  At no point do I ever get a login screen.  I thought this could
have been because we have password authentication (via Krb5) on the server
where RT resides.  But after removing that restriction for the RT CGI
directory, it still happens.

b) When I add a new RT queue (as root), using:

[root at host] ./rtadmin queue -create <queue name>

I get a bunch of permission errors:

-=-
cp: /usr/local/rt/etc/templates/queues/systems/autoreply: Permission
denied
cp: /usr/local/rt/etc/templates/queues/systems/comment: Permission denied
cp: /usr/local/rt/etc/templates/queues/systems/correspondence: Permission
denied
cp: /usr/local/rt/etc/templates/queues/systems/error: Permission denied
cp: /usr/local/rt/etc/templates/queues/systems/give: Permission denied
cp: /usr/local/rt/etc/templates/queues/systems/respond: Permission denied
cp: /usr/local/rt/etc/templates/queues/systems/steal: Permission denied
cp: /usr/local/rt/etc/templates/queues/systems/transaction: Permission
denied
cp: /usr/local/rt/etc/templates/queues/systems/web_create: Permission
denied
Queue systems sucessfully created.
-=-

Where are they getting the files from (so I can see here the problem
lies).

Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide.

Best Wishes - Peter Losher
--
Peter Losher   				      <Peter.Losher at nominum.com>
Systems Admin. - Nominum, Inc.              PGP key available on request