[rt-users] sendmail making noises at me

Feargal Reilly feargal at thecia.ie
Wed Mar 1 02:09:45 EST 2000

To begin with, do I get the 'First Post' for the new list..?:)

Anyway,

While this isn't a real problem, I've been trying to figure out why I'm getting
the Permission denied warning for the debug file - something to do with
eliveryMode, but I don't hafe my O'Reilly Sendmail book around either.
Everything works fine, it's just been bugging me for a while now, and I'm
damned if I can figure it out...

Here's the output I'm getting with every mailed transaction:
-------

write_log:fopen_as_user: given non-root anchored path: eliveryMode=b
sendmail: fopen_as_user: given non-root anchored path: eliveryMode=b
write_log:Warning: Cannot open debug file eliveryMode=b: Permission denied

write_log:received
requestor at domain.tld: domain.tld matched by bind_hosts:
    routed requestor at domain.tld --> requestor at domain.tld at domain.tld
      transport hint mx 10 mail.thecia.ie
        address hint mail.thecia.ie 123.456.789.012
transport itld_zone_bind_smtp uses driver tcpsmtp
lock retry/smtp/mail.thecia.ie
lock succeeded (will defer failure) retry/smtp/mail.thecia.ie
transport itld_zone_bind_smtp: connect to host mail.thecia.ie [159.134.244.168]/
smtp...connected
unlock (success) retry/smtp/mail.thecia.ie
write_log:delivered
|             via: mail.thecia.ie
|              to: requestor at domain.tld
|         orig-to: requestor at domain.tld