[rt-users] RT and http external authentication

Daniel Rinehart danielr at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Mar 20 19:42:52 EST 2000

> Problem 1:  We are using http authentication instead of cookies because
> 	    our user base is about 200 people in the group.  We did not
> 	    want to have to re-enter (or have the users re-enter) data
> 	    that is already stored in our http authentication file.

	I'm also using external authentication and the only way I was able
to get full RT support was to import the usernames into RT. Thankfully,
using the CLI I was able to automate this. The RT password field is then
meaningless, but you still can use RT to limit who can view what in the
queue. Although, that maybe more work than you need to get the
functionality...

-- Daniel R. <danielr at ccs.neu.edu> [http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/danielr/]